If you would like to submit your music to the panel, read carefully these instructions.
The way of submitting your album is through this form. Only the submissions sent in this way will be distributed to our panelists. Before submitting, read the instructions below.
Important: avoid using all capital letters.
NOTE: any material submitted to panelists is considered to be immediately usable by our panelists in their respective media platforms, unless otherwise stated by the sender.
What kind of recordings are eligible for the Chart?
- Album length recordings (25 min. length at least)
- Musical genres related with some type of traditional roots from any culture of the world. Rock, pop, jazz, or hip-hop albums are excluded unless they have a significant content related to other traditional or roots music.
- Recently or imminently published (or with recent international distribution, if the original release was older). An album can be included in the list again if it is released internationally, even if it had been featured earlier in the list as a local/regional edition.
- All the albums that meet these requirements are eligible, including compilations, new releases of historic recordings, multiple albums, CD-books, etc.
How is an album considered for the Chart?
The members of the panel vote freely for their favorite albums. They can vote for any eligible album received through the TWMC or by their own means and through their own contacts.
The record labels, artists, publicists, managers… can submit their albums to the TWMC for the panelists’ consideration using the form above on this page. This will generate an email that will be distributed to all the panelists.
Please note that the TWMC administrators cannot guarantee that all those emails will be considered by all the panelists. To make sure that the emails have been received correctly by them or to ask for their feedback, you can contact the members individually by clicking the contact links on our Members page.
- Provide good quality audio files (preferably, uncompressed files or 320 Kbps mp3’s) + booklet in just one downloadable file (for example, a zip file).
- Make sure that the following information is included and easily accesible: Name of the band/artist, title of the album, label/self-published, date of release.
- Album credits. Along with the audio files, you need to send additional information about the artist and recording. A frequent complaint from panelists is that some submissions only include music files and there is no additional information about the artists involved and the album credits.
- Digital audio files should be tagged to include metadata with album title, artist name, and track number. Some digital files we receive only include the song titles and it’s hard to identify the artist and album title after you open the zipped folder.
- You can add additional information, a link to stream and other comments. Remember that you can only submit each album once. For further contact, information, feedback…, go to the Members page and contact the panelists individually. Note that we won’t provide their emails addresses.
- If you send your album files in a folder or zipped archive, please give it a name that will identify the album. We recommend the following format: Artist – Album Title. Avoid generic names that hinder identification such as MP3s, Wavs, TWMC, Master, Promo, Audios, Album Submission or similar.
- When sending links to download, avoid services with invasive ads and pop-ups. We won’t forward links to those services. Try Dropbox, Drive, Box… Also Wetransfer, but we recommend to use links that don’t expire.
You can also get in touch directly with the members. Go to the Members and contact them individually in order to ask for their preferences.
1- Fill in the form that is above on this page. Please follow the tips mentioned above.
2- You’ll normally get a confirmation email that your email has arrived and been forwarded exclusively to the members. If you don’t get it, contact us again but please be patient: it’s not an automatic reply. Please note that submissions received during the voting period (usually from 9th to 15th every month) won’t be forwarded until the end of that period.
3- Contact the members individually by clicking the contact links on our Members page, check if they have received and downloaded the album and ask them if they need anything else.